BUSERDI

When Quality Meets Production

High-End Document Scanners

FADGI 3-Star Compliant

Real-time Barcode Recognition

240 PPM

Document Protection

The Buserdi service bureau has more than 18 years of document scanning field experience. In the past, it was acceptable to scan various paper documents using subjective quality assurance criteria. With our newest line of production document scanners, we at Buserdi have decided to abide by the strict, objective metrics derived from international guidelines and best practices to qualify our exceptional image quality.

By evaluating our line of High-End Document Scanners (HEDS) using the Federal Agencies Digital Guidelines Initiative (FADGI), a US-based interagency government effort, and METAMORFOZE, a venture between the National Library and National Archive of the Netherlands, we are able to reliably capture images that are a more accurate representation of the original source material, instead of the enhanced images seen in most document scanners on the market today

Curator by Buserdi

Image Quality

Assessed by third party imaging analysis software, the CURATOR is able to meet the FADGI-3-star requirements at both 300 dpi and 400 dpi. It is capable of outputting uncompressed color TIFF & JPEG2000 master files, as well as compressed JPEG (color or grayscale) and TIFF Group IV (black and white) as a derivative.

  • FADGI 3 Star compliance at resolutions up to 400 dpi (max.150 ppm throughput)

  • Efficiently feed documents by hand

  • Vacuum driven, Open Track transport for best document handling

  • Straight through duplex scanning

  •  Pre or post scan page number printing (front)

  •  Real-time barcode recognition (laser)

  • Optional straight path page stacking for fragile or thick documents that can’t be turned

Scanning

 

The CURATOR scanner was designed to be hand-fed by the operator to better protect documents at high scan speeds. This is a less invasive approach to document scanning because it eliminates the pressure and friction placed on the paper by the rollers and belts in automatic document feeders.

  • Optional function for increased document protection. In most traditional feed scanners, a document will be grabbed and flipped to ensure the pages remain in the same order.

  •  

  • The Curator’s straight path throughput function can scan these type of documents on its conveyor belt without ever turning the page over.

  •  

  • By combining the vacuum Open Track with a 2.5" clearance and the straight path throughput function, CURATOR can scan very thick and rigid items as well as very thin or lightweight documents, such as onion skin and yellow pages.

  •  

  • Acceptance weight that ranges from 30 grams to 500 grams in the same batch scan.

The Marathon

The MARATHON FOCUS is designed for high-volume digitization projects. FADGI 3 Star compliance is met at the system level. Nonetheless, JPEG lossy compressed images comply with more than 90% of FADGI criteria, where the remaining 10% is within +- 5% of the required range, delivering exceptional image quality in a compressed image. This creates images that are capable of high accuracy OCR and a faithful copy of the original material. FADGI metrics with a high rate compression is the best of both worlds! Governments, service bureaus, companies, and other various organizations can produce millions of exceptional document scans with minimal storage space.

  • Automatic Document Feeding System

  • Max. Speed at 4" Feed Gap: 200ppm (300dpi) M4230

  • Max. Speed at 2" Feed Gap: 240ppm (300dpi) M4240

  • Vacuum driven, Open Track transport for safest document handling

  • Pre or post scan page number printing (front)

  • Real-time barcode recognition (laser), prior to image acquisition

Features

The CURATOR has an optional function for increased document protection. In most traditional feed scanners, a document will be grabbed and flipped to ensure the pages remain in the same order.
However, this does not allow safe scanning for thick and rigid items such as cardboard folders, thick advertisements, glossy pictures, test targets, and fragile documents. The Curator’s straight path throughput function can scan these type of documents on its conveyor belt without ever turning the page over.

 

By combining the vacuum Open Track with a 2.5" clearance and the straight path throughput function, CURATOR can scan very thick and rigid items as well as very thin or lightweight documents, such as onion skin and yellow pages. It has an unparalleled acceptance weight that ranges from 30 grams to 500 grams in the same batch scan.

Compare Features